Cutler Anderson Home in Napa
8 more photos
From Julie Pedersen
Located in the Coombsville region of Napa, a Cutler Anderson home (MLS #322074483), was listed today for $35,000,000 by Cyd Greer, affiliated with the St. Helena office of Coldwell Banker Brokers of the Valley. The property is also a listing with Coldwell Banker Global Luxury program.
Purchased in 1998 and built from the ground-up, the landmark property was finished in 2004. The design / build team includes nationally acclaimed Cutler Anderson (architect) and Tanglefoot Construction (builder). The landmark property is also home to Meteor Vineyard which is overseen by Mike Wolf (viticulturalist).
The entry gate welcomes you to the property which sits on 34.24-acres and includes the main house with four-bedrooms in east and west wings, a studio and a three-bedroom guest house in approximately 13,250 total square-feet of space. In addition to the residential compound, there are 22.58-acres of premium Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot grape vines which generate attractive income.
Additional features include:
• Dramatic two-story foyer opens to formal living and dining rooms with a two-sided gas fireplace and French doors to the grounds and dining terrace.
• Oversized office with an island for media storage, built-in cabinetry and extensive countertops.
• The heart of the approximately 11,600 square-foot home is an inspiring kitchen adjoined by family and informal dining areas.
• The highly functional and artistic kitchen was conceptualized by Fu-Tung Cheng of Berkeley’s Cheng Design and boasts GeoCrete countertops with decorative inlays, edge-grain carbonized bamboo cabinets and paneling, a dumbwaiter, butler’s pantry and appliances from Sub-Zero, Gaggenau and Miele.
• Second floor private quarters include a luxurious primary suite with built-in beech cabinetry, a warming fireplace, sweeping view, sitting room, office, safe room, two balconies and spa-inspired bathroom with a soaking tub. In addition, the second-floor east wing features two guest bedroom suites, each with a private balcony, and a playroom with additional sleeping space.
• Lower level includes a nine-person theater paneled in cherrywood, a de rigueur 1,250-bottle wine room with glowing rammed-earth walls, a tasting room with a gas burning fireplace and garage parking for up to five cars.
• A trellised bluestone walkway leads from the east wing to a 380 square-foot studio which can be used for creating or appreciating art.
• The west wing of the home includes a spacious gym and yoga studio; outside the gallery hall is a swimming pool and spa with a bluestone terrace, pizza oven, nearby changing room, bath and sauna. The lower level of the west wing also includes a private guest or au pair apartment that offers a study with a Murphy bed, sitting area with a patio and kitchenette, bedroom and full bathroom with a shower.
• The guest house is connected from the west wing by a 130-foot cedar boardwalk and has 1,270 square-feet featuring three bedrooms, two-full and one-half bathrooms, a great room, kitchen and deck overlooking a heated plunge pool and the property’s vineyard.
• Handsome wood paneling and floors, expanses of wood-framed floor-to-ceiling windows that provide lots of sunlight, ceiling heights up to 40 feet and Douglas fir beams.
• The compound has distinctive inverted rooflines that look like “wings” to direct rainwater to cascade into two-story waterfalls that converge in a koi pond.
• Programmable directional lighting; custom-fabricated stainless-steel and wood door hardware; motorized shades; home automation system; whole-house Kohler generator; a photovoltaic solar field; and a Tesla charging station.
• In addition to the 22+acre vineyard, the property has a vegetable garden, fruit orchard, native shrubs surrounding the protected meadows and a magnificent 500-year-old valley oak tree.
“Every aspect of this home was designed to create warm and inviting spaces that thoughtfully feature the natural elements in which they are located. The home was perfectly positioned to take advantage of the vistas of the meadow, forest and expansive vineyards on the property. It is rare to find a home of this caliber and even more rare that it comes with an ultra-premium vineyard in the heart of Napa Valley.”
Cyd Greer, listing agent, Coldwell Banker Brokers of the Valley
For more information about this listing, contact Cyd Greer (CalRE#01390876) at email@example.com or 707-322-6825. The St. Helena office of Coldwell Banker Brokers of the Valley is located at 1200 Main Street in St. Helena, California and can be reached at 707-963-1152. Listings can be viewed at ColdwellBanker.com and ColdwellBankerLuxury.com.