- You don’t need a ton of know-how.
- Mostly some core strength and a shovel.
- You’ll be able to knock this out with basic tools.
- Whatever you choose for fire pit blocks will be relatively cheap.
- Grab a friend and knock this out in a matter of hours.
"Fire is a hearth, a beacon, a message, a gathering point," says landscape architect Anooshey N. Rahim of Dune Hai. "Its elemental chemistry is so deeply embedded in our DNA that no watcher of the flame is left not mesmerized." The heart of any outdoor space, fire pits have the additional benefit of being fairly simple to build yourself.
Join Dwell+ to Continue
Subscribe to Dwell+ to get everything you already love about Dwell, plus exclusive home tours, video features, how-to guides, access to the Dwell archive, and more.
You can cancel at any time.