Our mission to champion good design for everyone will culminate this year in the 2020 Dwell Design Awards, a program recognizing the best projects that represent transformational ideas for smarter living.
Along with the most outstanding projects featured in Dwell Magazine and Dwell.com in 2020, this year’s Dwell Design Awards will honor the best new work submitted by our community across eight categories: Dwelling, Renovation, Prefab, Small Space (less than 800 square feet), Garden, Kitchen, Bathroom, and Object.
We’ll reveal a shortlist of nominees on November 16, when the Dwell Design Awards will open to voting on Dwell.com. An esteemed panel of judges will help determine a winner and a runner up, and Dwell readers will select a community pick—all to be announced on Dwell.com and Dwell Magazine in January 2021.
How to Submit
- Upload your project through Add a Home between now and Friday, November 13. You may submit multiple projects per category; all projects will be considered for future publication.
- For the Object category—spanning furniture, lighting, kitchen and dining items, decor, and more—post a clear photo and description to your Instagram feed, and use the hashtag #DwellDesignAwards2020 to be in the running.
- Creative use of materials that goes beyond highlighting their intrinsic structural properties in order to create unexpected juxtapositions and inventive compositions
- Environmentally responsible in creating safe, healthy living spaces, as well as sustainable in choosing materials derived from renewable, recyclable resources
- Economy of means: objective is efficiently accomplished while showcasing restraint
- Structural innovation: use of a new material or method
- Programmatic innovation: novel ways of putting building functions together
- Aesthetic or formal innovation: use of new shapes and forms
- Aesthetically pleasing in responding to our modern way of life while remaining fresh, useful, and beautiful
- Contextualism: responsive to the conditions that surround the building, i.e. being sympathetic to scale, materials, and program
We’re excited to see what you have in store. Submit your project through Add a Home or Instagram by Friday, November 13.
Get the Dwell Newsletter
Be the first to see our latest home tours, design news, and more.