A Look at Reading Nooks
- Books add warm and personality to a space—and sometimes, though far too seldom, the shelves they sit on do the same.
- An airy addition on the back of a historic house in Boise is a model of sensitive renovation, seamlessly melding new and old.
- When Russian-born architect Andrei Saltykov designed his home in the UK, he put his love of the USA on the shelf.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.
- Whenever we have a story in Canada, we know we can count on Alexi. The talented Montreal-based photographer Alexi Hobbs has impressed us many times here at Dwell.
- Mies van der Rohe once said, "We must remember that everything depends on how we use a material." In this Palo Alto, CA, residence constructed from rammed earth, steel, and glass, and finished in…
- From Stuttgart, Germany to Iwaki City, Japan, we take a look at 15 of the most extraordinarily-designed libraries.
- Renderings of a new storage facility for the British Library have been released.