Design Icon: Eileen Gray
- Chicago preservation architect Thomas “Gunny” Harboe prefers not to dismantle architectural monuments.
- It’s been awhile since we last visited the City of Light, so here’s a jaunt to five modern abodes we adore.
- Many innovators helped usher in the Modernist movement, but French architect, furniture maker, and interior designer Charlotte Perriand turned lofty ideals into revolutionary living spaces.
- This week we're adding a new feature to our weekly Out and About articles: slideshows featuring images from each of the weekend's highlighted exhibitions.
- Jean-Christophe Aumas’ multihued Paris apartment houses both the highly sought artistic director and the stunning assemblage of furniture he’s brought back from his travels.
- The United States Artists announced the USA Fellows on December 14.
- All it took was a new copper-clad addition, the installation of a geo-thermal heating and cooling system, and some LED lighting to transform an elegant yet out-of-date 19th century building in…
- From furniture to interiors, Jewish designers made their mark on modernist American design in the postwar years.