Design Icon: C. Howard Crane
- Remember those lazy days making Lego houses and hospitals, clicking everything into place and feeling that you'd really built something? Well imagine being one of the kids that helped build the…
- After the Great Fire of 1871 leveled Chicago, the "Windy City" took the opportunity to reinvent itself, setting off a campaign of reconstruction that saw the city welcome some of the biggest names in…
- In April, Dwell's editors traveled the world, making a stop in Milan for the festivities surrounding Salone del Mobile, and Detroit to explore the city's art and design scene.
- Though Los Angeles offers Lindsay Lohan sightings at Pinkberry and addresses on L.Ron Hubbard Way, Dwell explores a different side of the city with land use interpreter Matthew Coolidge.
- This weekend, I attended Compostmodern, a conference hosted by the AIGA SF that discussed the role of designers and the future of the profession with respect to sustainability.
- Modernism scales to new heights with these structures, all of which found unique ways to touch the sky.
- Classical yet current, Bordeaux is a city that celebrates the details that comprise the whole. Architect Oliver Brochet guides our tour around the accessible tram system, the historic women, and…
- If a movement can be defined as a moment when people across time zones and borders act simultaneously on the same idea, then the design week movement is verifiable.