World’s Most Spectacular Skylines
Something about the outline of a city against its clear, crisp sky stops us in our tracks and commands our attention. City skylines stand as testaments to human engineering and architectural advancements. Its shape reveals our history, our culture, our beliefs, our beauty to the infinite universe. How can we not stop and stare?
@current / @total
- A cool breeze coming off the water is the best escape from a mid-summer heatwave. These five lakeside homes combine modern design with fresh locations to serve as the perfect summer retreats.
- In cities around the world, rooftop gardens have become a popular way to make use of the limited real estate that’s available in environments defined by industrial buildings.
- Project Manager Brad Liljequist chronicles the building of zHome, a ten-unit townhome in Issaquah, Washington—the first multifamily zero-energy community in the United States.
- Something interesting appears to be happening in Katowice, Poland. Last week, we profiled a design boutique that recently opened there.
- From Renzo Piano's Le Meridien Lingotto in Turin, Italy to Frank Lloyd Wright's Price Tower in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, check out these nine most amazing hotel designs from around the world.
- Modernism scales to new heights with these structures, all of which found unique ways to touch the sky.
- The cradle of modern architecture, Chicago is known for its spectacular skyline. In the United States, it's second only to New York City in the number of buildings rising taller than 500 feet.
- Each week Dwell.com delivers more than 50 original posts, articles, and interviews focused on the latest in modern design.