Emerging Voices Lecture Series: cao | perrot Studios & PRODUCTORA
@current / @total
- Last week the Architectural League of New York announced the winners of its annual Emerging Voices program.
- Last Thursday, the Architectural League hosted the second in a series of lectures from the recipients of the 2013 Emerging Voices program.
- Last Thursday the Architectural League hosted the third in a series of lectures from the recipients of the 2013 Emerging Voices program.
- Last Thursday, the Architectural League hosted the first in a series of lectures from the recipients of the 2013 Emerging Voices program.
The third evening of the 27th annual Emerging Voices lecture series, featuring Slade Architecture and UrbanLab.
New York’s Slade Architecture led by partners James Slade and Hayes Slade seeks “to develop the unique characteristics of each project” and “to engage the occupant or viewer by testing their experience/perception of the space.” Current projects include a 500,000 SF residential development in Williamsburg; a zoo renovation in Staten Island; two freestanding residences, one in China, the other in Pennsylvania; and the renovation of HELP/Family Residence Housing Complex in Brooklyn. Recently completed projects include the Barbie Store Shanghai, Aperture Foundation Headquarters, and a number of apartments and offices. Previous to the founding of Slade Architecture in 2002, James Slade was in partnership with Min Cho in Cho Slade Architecture.
Jake Barton is designing a new breed of museum, one that favors local voices over curatorial authority. They are places for dialogue, not lectures.
- As an extension to the sold-out "Creativity & Constraint" event at the #DellVenue during Dwell's City Modern 2013, Designer Jonathan Adler and Dell Creative Director Tommy Lynn discuss the…
- Italian-born, New York City–based photographer Luigi Bonaventura has impressed us with his repetitious and vibrant hotel facades shot in Jesolo Beach, Venice.