Converting a Commercial Storefront to a Home (and Studio!)
- From custom white oak cabinets to bright orange Plexiglas cubbies, these seven kitchens create thoughtful solutions to difficult space issues.
- "No man is an island," wrote poet John Donne, but in the case of kitchens an aptly placed island makes the room.
- Whether a bold accent wall or a strip of red-hued plexiglass, a strategic infusion of color makes a kitchen pop. Here, five inspiring tips and tricks from some of Dwell's favorite kitchens.
- In the Kindle era, it's possible to do away with ink-on-paper books in the name of decluttering. And yet there's something about those old volumes that, for many of us, helps make a house a home.
- Display your prized collections elegantly with wall-mounted shelves. From custom outfits to modular installations, we share seven solutions for hanging storage.
- From the living room to bedrooms, rugs can be a great addition to any space! Take a look at these 10 interiors who touched up their space with a fine plot of fabric.
- When plans were introduced for the Mamilla Hotel Jerusalem, which opened in June of 2009 and is among the few selected five-star hotels in the city, it sparked a bit of controversy. This…
- At the Butterfly Gap Retreat just outside Knoxville, Tennessee, managing the design, construction, and rental of modern guesthouses is a family affair.