Rural Texas commonly conjures visions of Stetsons, spurs, and longhorn steer, but the countryside contains more than just cowboys. On a wide stretch of farmland, the Farley Studio brings modern architecture and contemporary art to Fort Worth's farthest reaches.
@current / @total
- From an environmentally conscious structure in Houston to a contemporary farmhouse in Cleburne, these homes in the Lone Star State show that Texas is just as much a modern design hub as it is a…
- At the base of Echo Mountain in Phoenix, a geometric home by Wendell Burnette opens up to the surrounding desert landscape.
- It might have seemed like an oxymoron to Frank Lloyd Wright, but it’s a reality in this Boston photographer’s flat, designed to fit into a preexisting 1,500-square-foot space.
- Everything about this vacation home is little crazy. For starters, there’s the location. It’s in Israel. In northern Galilee. On the border with Lebanon.
- Matthew Trzebiatowski matched an extreme aesthetic to an extreme climate, but his sustainable moves took a gentler approach.
- Edge Studio's apartment building with its glass-and-steel facade is a glowing example of the urban renaissance that's gripping Steel City.
- When a 40-year-old pine tree fell over at the rear of a Brentwood estate in Los Angeles a few years back, its owner, an art lover and a philanthropist, let it lie.
- These twin sun-drenched San Diego abodes prove that two decks are better than one.