7 Compact Home Tours
- In Auckland, New Zealand, architect Michael O’Sullivan and his partner Melissa Schollum braved a miniscule budget, withering looks from friends, and nasty nail-gun injuries to design and build…
- A New Zealand family taps into the creative capital of architecture students to make their dream home a reality.
- We're continually amazed by all the great residential design Down Under. But lest the Aussies take all the credit, check out our tour of the best modern homes in New Zealand.
- Making the most of vertical space unleashes the potential of a petite San Francisco project.
- Brad Smith’s compact former coach house, tucked away in one of London’s many hidden cobbled mews, was in need of a radical over-haul when his partner Brian Brennan moved in.
- Savvy homeowners prove that with clever storage and other space-saving solutions, living in a one-room apartment can be both practical and comfortable.
- You love tiny houses. We love tiny houses. We filled our November issue with them, from New Zealand to Chile to Japan and beyond. Here’s a look at 10, hot off the press!
- As fall turns into winter, there's no better time to start thinking about your home's sense of hygge—that is, the spare but very cozy minimalism epitomized by Danish houses.