Houston, We've Solved a Problem
@current / @total
AnTeak, by Walker Zanger, is made of FSC-certified reclaimed wood. It comes in seven patterns, from herring-bone (above) to penny tile.
From imaginative takes on brick to the ultimate steel cladding, enjoy this tour of creative modern home facades.
- Concrete may seem brutalist to some, but consider its many applications: buff, polished, waxed, and turned into panels for a facade. Here are nine Dwell homes that make incredible use of the material.
- Despite its “everything’s bigger” credo, Texas is a hotbed for reasonably sized—small even—buildings. To follow, seven homes that show the Lone Star state’s modern side.
- It ain’t easy being green, but it’s worth the extra effort. Here, we share five sustainable homes that don’t skimp on design.
- By taking advantage of economies of scale, a Houston native and a pair of mod-minded developers team up to create nine affordable row houses in the Houston Heights.
- In Houston, where bigger means better and suburbanites in SUVs dominate the highways, architects Dawn Finley and Mark Wamble are anomalies: Their domestic lives fit into 1,200 square feet, and their…
- Shipping containers are ubiquitous in Houston, though unlike the four that make up this new home, they're usually filled with foreign goods rather than flourishing lives.