Friday Finds 09.06.13
- A folding car inspired by an armadillo, typography flashcard game, and vintage snaps of San Francisco? All that and more in this installment of Friday Finds!
- Kate Spade fans rejoice! Earlier this week, the fashion brand launched their lower-priced line of apparel, accessories, and homeware goods, Saturday, with the same charm that the brand is known for.
Both sturdy and whimsical, the copper lamp is a tongue-in-cheek way to collect a full ten kilograms of metal deposits as a long-term investment.
- If you're in San Francisco this Friday, stop by RayKo Photo Center for the opening reception of their 4th International Juried Plastic Camera Show—featuring images by 80 different photographers…
- Last week I flew down to Austin, Texas, to report two stories for our upcoming modern-across-America-themed issue (stay tuned!).
- I’ve developed into a true shutterbug, a camera geek who doesn’t leave home without one. Obsessed with vintage cameras, camera lenses, and taking photos—that's me in a nutshell.
- In this week's Friday Finds, disaster preparedness kits, a food tour of Italy, an interview with Winy Maas of MVRDV, and a tribute to Charlie Sheen.
- Under-caffeinated Brooklynites have a new destination in Toby's Estate coffee, an Australian cafe import that opened in January. The company has been around since 1998 but for their first U.S.