Events this Weekend: 1.28-1.31
This week we're adding a new feature to our weekly Out and About articles: slideshows featuring images from each of the weekend's highlighted exhibitions. Just because you can't make it to all the shows, doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to take them in from the comfort of your home.
Showing image @current of @total
- Art is where the heart is. This week: meditative ink line drawings, temporary tattoos for adults, a continuously reconfigured staircase installation, and so much more.
- Tonight, celebrate Earth Day with a discussion of water management at the Museum of the City of New York and catch Quicktake and Contemplating the Void before they close at the Cooper-Hewitt,…
- If you’re in the Los Angeles area for the holiday weekend, catch the tail end of the A.
- Chicago preservation architect Thomas “Gunny” Harboe prefers not to dismantle architectural monuments.
- All it took was a new copper-clad addition, the installation of a geo-thermal heating and cooling system, and some LED lighting to transform an elegant yet out-of-date 19th century building in…
- Since it opened in New York City in 1959, Frank Lloyd Wright's Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum has captivated the world--and its imagination.
- As a pioneering voice in the diffusion of modern art and design, Josef Albers's contributions to printmaking, color theory and pedagogy cannot be overstated.
- The St. Louis Art Museum has announced the June 29th opening of its recently completed expansion, the East Building.