Q&A with Markus Diebel and Joe Tan of Soma Water
After a long-awaited, highly anticipated release date, Soma Water is finally here! The San Francisco-based startup enlisted former design director at Incase and IDEO Markus Diebel and Joe Tan, co-founder of Incase, to design the world's first 100% compostable water filter—a rare combination of elegance, ergonomics, and style. Here, we ask the duo about their process, future projects, and why failing along the way is crucial and essential to great design.
@current / @total
- A tongue-in-cheek design guide, the world's first biodegradable water filter, a concrete camera DIY tutorial, Instagrams of North Korea, and more. Welcome to this week's Friday Finds! Happy Friday!
- This seven-part blog series profiles a new prefab development in San Francisco's SoMa neighborhood—a LEED Platinum-targeted building containing 23 "micro-studios".
- A bestseller at the Dwell Store, Soma is an innovative product that we love because it reaches beyond other purifying systems in the marketplace.
- Storeowners Juli Daoust and John Baker scout Scandinavia and Japan for the best designs in each region to bring back the best of their finds to their Toronto shop Mjölk (pronounced…
- For more than a decade, London-based design company Black+Blum has been cranking out beautiful, sometimes quirky or humorous, and always functional products for the home.
- Dwell on Design is quickly approaching and here at the office we're finalizing the finishing touches and getting ready for our road trip down to Los Angeles (which will surely include the requisite…
- It's coming. Just two months away marks the beginning of the holiday entertaining season. Forget spring cleaning, this is fall guest cleaning time.
- A churning metropolis defined by its Indian, English, and Portuguese past, Mumbai, India, now has the poise, populace, and design potential to be one of the 21st century’s most interesting…