Q&A with Markus Diebel and Joe Tan of Soma Water
+ Read Article
After a long-awaited, highly anticipated release date, Soma Water is finally here! The San Francisco-based startup enlisted former design director at Incase and IDEO Markus Diebel and Joe Tan, co-founder of Incase, to design the world's first 100% compostable water filter—a rare combination of elegance, ergonomics, and style. Here, we ask the duo about their process, future projects, and why failing along the way is crucial and essential to great design.
Showing image @current of @total
- A tongue-in-cheek design guide, the world's first biodegradable water filter, a concrete camera DIY tutorial, Instagrams of North Korea, and more. Welcome to this week's Friday Finds! Happy Friday!
- This seven-part blog series profiles a new prefab development in San Francisco's SoMa neighborhood—a LEED Platinum-targeted building containing 23 "micro-studios".
- Dwell on Design is quickly approaching and here at the office we're finalizing the finishing touches and getting ready for our road trip down to Los Angeles (which will surely include the requisite…
- I've been lucky enough to visit Emeco's Pennsylvania factory where their iconic chairs are made by hand. It was a religious experience for me, a person with a sick chair fetish.
- Omer Arbel is a Vancouver–based architect and designer who creates spaces and objects in equal measure.
- Being a sucker for a good backpack, I was turned on when I saw the images from the collaboration between Eastpak, the venerable backpack brand, and Quinze & Milan, the Belgium-based design house.
- In our latest Backstory series, Seattleite Lou Maxon recounts the thrills and trials of ditching the suburbs, buying property, and designing and building a modern house…
- In this exclusive series for Dwell.com, Linda Taalman of Taalman Koch Architecture tracks the hands-on renovation of her and her partner's live-work space in Hollywood, California.