Outside of the Box: 7 Delightfully Idiosyncratic Designs
- Whether traditional or contemporary, these eight attractive residences have drenched their exteriors in striking bleached hues. Be sure to check out Part One of Striking Modern White Facades here.
- A passive home draped with bamboo shades might sound unusual, but it seems almost tame compared to other examples of contemporary French design.
- In the following slideshow, spy seven ways that architects and designers crafted their structures around trees.
- Iranian architect Nader Kahlili fashions affordable, easily assembled housing out of sandbags and concrete for a surprsingly striking result.
- Prefab houses are getting leaner, more efficient, and, in some cases, bigger. Here, we explore highlights from our December/January prefab issue, juxtaposed with our favorites from the past.
- Federico Babina's Archist City imagines what artist's own houses might look like—and while the resulting architecture is only imaginary, we've rounded up a few Dwell homes that fit the bill.
- Want views from your house? Try building it on top of a skyscraper. These three penthouse apartments give their residents the best views in town.
- If prefabrication is the future of architecture, then these cutting-edge prefab homes offer an exciting glimpse into what might lie ahead.