No Furniture Necessary: 5 Simple Entryways
- Case Study architect Edward Killingsworth’s masterpiece, the 1957 Opdahl House, fell into ruin, but thanks to a musician with a passion for modernism, it is celebrating its 50th anniversary in…
- Part 2 of our journey to cool houses on the islands of the world takes us to places both expected (Hawaii) and unexpected (a tiny, sunny island off Southern California; a snowy one off the coast of…
- We've featured homes from virtually every continent, in locations as far ranging as busting metropolises to serene suburbs to remote islands, with architectural programs equally as diverse.
- These hallways don't need a red carpet to grab your attention. Take a look at these stretching indoor and outdoor corridors.
- No other city in America has meant more to the development of modern residential design than Los Angeles.
- From the Marshmallow sofa to those glowing Bubble lamps, George Nelson’s designs are a must in many a modern interior. Here are 6 that stand out from the pages of Dwell.
- From locations like a microcourtyard in Virginia to a prefab glass-shelled retreat in summery Finland, these ten outdoor gardens will make you green with envy.
- Dwell has been exploring how acoustics factor into architecture, most recently in contributor William Hamilton's essay "The World of Sound" and in the forthcoming May issue on Steven Holl's Daeyang…