New York City Manufacturers at the Brooklyn Navy Yard
- Thirteen Brooklyn design studios—with locations ranging from Red Hook to the Navy Yard to Bushwick, and practices varying from furniture design to brand consulting to woodworking—opened…
- How Superstorm Sandy helped inspire a Brooklyn prototype for more efficient temporary housing after a natural disaster.
- Whether beech, maple, cedar, or teak, Brooklyn resident and California native Ariele Alasko will take it.
- A highlight of my trip to Paris earlier this year—and I can't believe it's taken me this long to share it with you—was a visit to the Bouroullec brothers' studio in Belleville.
- Reclaim NYC was formed in the wake of Hurricane Sandy by designer Brad Ascalon, writer Jennifer K. Gorsche, and Design Pages editor-in-chief Jean Lin.
- Earlier this week I visited a new exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum in New York, the recently-opened Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward.
- When overhead lighting is too harsh and floor and tabletop space is limited, opt for the ambiance of beautiful wall sconces.
- Brooklyn-based contemporary artist Dustin Yellin places the pages of Dwell at the core of his transparent works.