Jens Risom Collection at Design Within Reach
- “Good design is something that pleases the eye,” says Jens Risom.
Benchwarming never looked better. Iconic designer Jens Risom has created a modern classic to match a chair and ottoman duo he introduced in 1949. Slide the cushion from left to right and a side-table emerges to make room for a magazine or cuppa tea.
- Jens Risom is enjoying his place in the canon of mid-century furniture designers while also distinguishing himself as a great contemporary designer.
- Jens Risom's 1942 designs for Knoll were born out of wartime necessity but went on to become signature midcentury modern designs.
- Designer Jens Risom returns to his 1967 prefab off the coast of Rhode Island, readying it for his family's next generation.
- From the photographer who shaped how mid-century architecture was communicated to the furniture designer whose work is synonymous with the "space-age pop" aesthetic, we profile five icons you should…
Danish-born American designer Jens Risom--one of the first designers to bring the traditional Scandinavian values of function and craftsmanship to the United States--has collaborated with Rocket Gallery and Benchmark Furniture in an exhibition that's part of the 2010 London Design Festival.
Mar Mar Co., in collaboration with Rocket Gallery, are showing some pieces from the new re-issue of Risom’s classic designs from the 1950s and 1960s. These pieces have been made by Benchmark with the close involvement of the ninety-four year old Risom himself.
- A mere eight miles from Mount Vernon, George Washington’s Georgian neoclassical plantation home, and just nine miles south of Old Town Alexandria, the colonial bastion that provides much…