Imaginary Artist Houses (And Their Dwell Counterparts)
- We recently featured Federico Babina’s Archist City of artist’s imaginary houses, now see his newly released architect’s portraits and their buildings.
- You don't need an expensive collection to fill your apartment with dynamic art.
- Taking cues from Piet Mondrian's iconic Broadway Boogie Woogie painting, architect and critic Joseph Giovannini recasts a New York City studio apartment.
This is the first-ever retrospective of Serra's drawings, and will feature the work of the past 25 years.
- Today, in honor of the 12th anniversary of the attacks of 9/11 we take pause and give a special salute to some of our favorite coverage of NYC over the years—knowing the skyline will never be the…
- When residents Gino and Paetra Serra decided to renovate their 1933 Italianate foursquare-plan home in Kansas City, Missouri, to accommodate their growing family, they made sure that in addition to…
- Design Miami wrapped up on Sunday, and all told I’d say the fair was a mixed bag.
- While I was on a scouting trip for a future Dwell Reports story, I came across the work of local artist and architect Michael Murphy, his "Forgotten Modernism" series specifically.