Fresh Eggs: 5 Modern Chicken Coops
+ Read Article
Talk about farm-to-table. Having your own chickens means the freshest of eggs and no further than your own backyard. Of course, you'll need a place to house your hens. Take a look at these five modern and stylish chicken coops as the first step towards your very own farm fresh eggs.
@current / @total
- Architect Keith Moskow grew up doing grunt construction work. His dad was a builder and after his first year of college, he helped build their family's summer home.
- Churches are among some of the most breathtaking works of architecture, but they need not be reserved for congregations only.
- Who doesn't love a chicken run? This cool coop is by David Rosen, an Associate Producer at CBS News in New York.
- North Carolina high schoolers take on a creating a sustainable small-scale housing solution—for hens.
- Switching coasts from Brooklyn to Portland gave architects Mitchell Snyder and Shelley Martin a new set of unexpected clients: three young hens.
- Abuzz with visitors discovering and testing out all manner of sustainable alfresco products, Dwell Outdoor drew a huge crowd all day Saturday, with many filing in and out of a brand-new modern…
- In a Vermont forest, architecture students design and build a pavilion for quiet contemplation.
- With all the talk of chickens being kept as pets in urban areas, it's nice to know there's a modern chicken coop alternative.