Design Tips and Ideas for the Modern Kitchen
Today’s kitchens are practical, welcoming, and fun. They feature sophisticated colors and innovative components. They also look more like the rest of the house, complete with furniture-like cabinets, wood flooring, and artwork. The perfect recipe for a beautiful kitchen calls for giving a lot of thought to both the components and the activities that take place in the room, from cooking and cleanup to snacking and socializing. Above all, the perfect kitchen is both comfortable and a pleasure to work in. Here are ten simple elements to consider for your well-planned kitchen.
Showing image @current of @total
- Is your kitchen too drab? Feeling the pinch of cramped cooking quarters? Appliances dating from the stone age? We've got you covered.
- From custom white oak cabinets to bright orange Plexiglas cubbies, these seven kitchens create thoughtful solutions to difficult space issues.
- Armed with a masters in architecture from Columbia University and only 3 years in the field, architectural designer Alan Y. L.
- Great bath design succeeds when people think about how they want to live and function in their private sanctum.
- Happy Friday! We've wrapped up our top seven stories for you right here.
- Having lived in, and loved, a modern house built in 1954 in Seattle’s Magnolia neighborhood since buying it in 1996, architect Karen Braitmayer and her husband, marine mechanic David Erskine,…
- Our tongue-in-cheek personality quiz: What does your favorite interior from our September issue say about you?