Andy Warhol at The Brant Foundation Study Center
+ Read Article
The first comprehensive survey of Andy Warhol's oeuvre, this extensive homage to Warhol spans his early days as an illustrator to some of his best-known works like Marilyn and Mao. The exhibition also reflects Peter Brant's lasting passion for Warhol's art, and his impressive career as a collector—beginning with the start of their friendship more than four decades ago.
Showing image @current of @total
- "Postmodernism: Style and Subversion 1970-1990," on view at London’s Victoria & Albert Museum through January 15th 2012, is the first major exhibition to take a long, hard look at…
- This weekend's SF20 Modernism Show and Sale opened to the public this morning at San Francisco's Fort Mason Center.
- Painter Enoc Perez grew up in Puerto Rico, a place rich with modernist buildings in places like La Concha and the Hix Island House. His move to New York amplified an admiration for the style.
- I met photographer Richard Schulman and his wife, Barbara, a few years back and instantly developed a friendship with them.
- In 1988, Charles Eames’s only daughter, Lucia, inherited the iconic Eames house in Pacific Palisades, California after the death of her stepmother, Ray.
- To celebrate 85 years of architecture courtesy of Richard Neutra and his architect son, Dion, who has kept the Neutra practice alive since his father’s death in 1970, a series of events took…
- Greening Los Angeles has long been Andy Lipkis’s dream. Greening his nonprofit’s Hollywood Hills campus is now a reality.
- We find the architects featured in Dwell to be incredibly inspiring, but who inspires them?