7 Behind-the-Scenes Party Essentials
- The secret to a great party is thinking of everything and planning ahead. We've put together a planning list complete with great modern design ideas to accomplish the perfect party.
- Each spring, New York Design Week gets bigger and better thanks in part to an ever-expanding roster at ICFF (more on that here) as well as the dedication of several local organizations presenting…
Designer Stephen Burks, the keynote speaker at Dwell on Design 2014 in Los Angeles, takes Dwell on a tour of his New York–based industrial design studio, Readymade Projects, and reveals the inspirations behind his handcrafted furniture.
- Six alltime favorite picks for portable stereo speakers, plus one new tabletop version from the American audiophiles at Klipsch.
If video killed the radio star, then certainly the Jambox by Jawbone will have a hand in hammering the final nail into the Boombox coffin. This impressive wireless speaker pairs with a number of electronic devices, such as your iPad or tablet devices, Smartphone, Mac or PC. Using Bluetooth technology, this speaker streams your favorite music, or can act as your personal home theatre speaker system for movies or television shows right from your iPad. Oh, and did I mention it’s also designed to allow you to take that unscheduled conference call from anywhere? Sync it with your smartphone, and watch your office cube (or kitchen table) turn into a virtual conference room. Weighing in at only 12 ounces, it's perfect for bringing along the next time you’re at the beach, hanging out poolside, or while traveling.
- Recently I've been on a kick of watching behind-the-scenes videos.
A seated 12-course dinner may still exist in some corner of the universe, but our favorite kind of to-do is the one that keeps a host out of the kitchen. These gadgets take the work out of food prep, leaving more time to party.
- Be the first to check out this behind-the-scenes footage of the fabulously green and awesomely collaborative project that debuted at Dwell on Design 2010 in Los Angeles.