6 Urban Cars We Love
- More and more, technology determines how we move.
- On Sunday, February 16, Dwell Media and Swedish luxury automobile manufacturer Volvo activated a day of innovation to explore the Future of Mobility at Modernism Week in Palm Springs.
- Greenbuild is charging full steam ahead at the Moscone Center in Dwell's home town of San Francisco.
- Dwell's discussion with Volvo at the Palm Springs Museum during Modernism Week touched on the past but revolved heavily around the future.
There’s an evolution toward purpose-driven design, combining thoughtful vision with today’s real needs. How will we be powering the cars of tomorrow? Here’s a glance at Alvin Huang’s Pure Tension Pavilion, a freestanding, rapidly deployable, portable solar charging station for electric and plug-in vehicles.
- I was a carpenter and architectural woodworker in Northern California for 12 years before sidestepping into a related writing, photography, and editing career in 1988.
- In our October issue, we highlight six of the latest automobile boasting trends with urbanites in mind—compact sizes, high-design accents, and electric-powered engines, among others.
You are cordially invited to join Dwell and Volvo for a day of innovation as we discuss the future of mobility. With your host and moderator, Dwell Editor Erika Heet. Experience the new Volvo XC60 and S60 with Volvo's Intellisafe technologies that take us a clear step towards autonomous driving and view SDA's award-winning V60 Solar Pavilion.
TEST DRIVES 10am-4pm Modern Living Expo 384 North Indian Canyon Drive Palm Springs, CA
THE FUTURE OF MOBILITY DISCUSSION
5-6pm with cocktails following until 7pm
Palm Springs Art Museum 101 N Museum Drive Palm Springs, CA
*Industry innovators include:
Greg Goldin, former automotive columnist, Curator, A+D Architecture and Design Museum, Los Angeles "Never Built Los Angeles' Exhibition 2013
Alvin Huang, Founder and Design Principal of Synthesis Design + Architecture
Anders Tylman-Mikiewicz, General Manager, Volvo Monitoring & Concept Center Los Angeles
Paul Meyers, automotive expert, former Robb Report correspondent and social media guru
RSVP by February 3rd to email@example.com