5 Ways to do Dark Walls Right
+ Read Article
Dark walls can add a richness and warmth to a room like nothing else, but only when done right. This caveat creates a trepidation when it comes to deciding to go dark. Here, we bring you five examples of dark walls done right. Click through for some inspiration and maybe you'll brave the dark paint shades on your own walls.
Showing image @current of @total
- We rounded up the essentials in this moody San Francisco living room so you can recreate the look in your home.
- From a colorful renovation with mid-century roots to an industrial open-plan space, here is a cool quintet of kitchens we wouldn't mind cooking in. Click here to see Part One and Two.
- Great bath design succeeds when people think about how they want to live and function in their private sanctum.
- From an orange shipping container addition to a cleverly-painted kitchen divider, click to see how these six homeowners used color to add personality to their homes.
- These icon designs by San Francisco-based graphic designer Zachary Gibson for Google Play Music All Access are hitting all the right notes.
- Dwell’s tips on painting a modern home: from the best environmentally friendly paint to rooms that use paint as a major design statement.
- The metal exteriors of these buildings range from lightly oxidized to coated in rich red layers of rust.
- If choosing paint colors doesn’t give you a headache, the fumes probably will—unless you pick from the growing array formulated to be easy on the body, the planet, and not least the eyes.