3. Include a qualified professional designer, architect or certified bath designer with the experience to get you where you want to go.
Photo by: Mark Mahaney
4. Don’t be afraid to make a statement. Create interest or drama in design, color, or material use.
5. Look for wonderful, interesting rich materials for floors, walls, cabinets and counter tops. Go for exotic woods, stones with unusual finishes like leathered and flamed marble tops or add some inlaid floor patterning.
6. Go for great bath lighting which is critical to successful design and making you look good. Get this done properly and professionally. Make sure the vanity has eye level side sink lighting combined with upper lighting. Include accent lighting in other bath locations.
7. Always anticipate storage needs and build that in to your designs. The biggest luxury is being able to find the right place to put everything away neatly. Plan your custom cabinetry based on these needs.
9. Think about the items that you will need to make this bath a true luxury space. Have you included a hand held shower at a large tub for personal use and easy cleaning? Are there dual shower heads with an overhead rain head? Is there a TV in the shower with music controls?