10 Modern Wood-Burning Stoves
Wood-burning stoves aren't just for rustic cabins in the woods anymore, the timeless and energy-efficient heating system has worked it's way into the modern home. There have been many advances in the technology of the wood-burning stove and not only do these modern designs burn much cleaner and more efficiently than older conventional stoves, but the view of the fire is just spectacular. Take a look at these ten modern homes featuring cozy wood-burning stoves.
@current / @total
- A steeply sloped site in the Wisconsin forest, plus an equally steep budget, led architect Brian Johnsen to reinvent the archetypal cabin for a sturdy vacation home.
- A “tree house” of clean lines, ample glass, and thoughtful ingenuity lets a Washington, DC–area family and a stream of weekend guests enjoy prefab living in an unlikely locale: just…
- “Good design is something that pleases the eye,” says Jens Risom.
- Designer Jens Risom returns to his 1967 prefab off the coast of Rhode Island, readying it for his family's next generation.
- Blue: the color that helped catapult the careers of artist Yves Klein and musician Miles Davis, the most-prized and most-expensive hue in the Renaissance.
- Bright and light-filled, these seven homes ranging from a Los Angeles renovation to a spa-like bathroom in upstate New York are a breath of fresh air.
- Boulder, Colorado, straddles a dynamic geographical border where miles of Rocky Mountains descend into flat plains that stretch all the way to the Appalachians.
- A dramatic departure from your typical cabin on the lake, this unique retreat adds shades of black to a tiny island awash with local color.