- The heart of the American Revolution, Boston became home to midnight rides and at least one wild tea party.
- Due to the advent of the cell phone, wristwatches are dying a slow death, surmises Keith Moskow, principle of Moskow Linn Architects in Boston, Massachusetts.
The ASLA 2013 Annual Meeting and EXPO will be held November 15-18, 2013 in Boston. In planning the annual meeting, ASLA focuses on the number one reason that attracts participants—the education program.
Meeting attendees can earn up to 21 PDH's from a well-balanced education program that focuses on the topics that ASLA members value and require in their day-to-day practices. Sustainability continues to be the number one concern of the landscape architecture profession, the design and construction industry, the owner/manager/client base, and a significantly growing concern of the general public at large.
A Conversation with Mary McDonald and Martyn Lawrence Bullard, moderated by Matthew Stewart, Editorial Relations Manager of Niche Media
Join celebrity designers Mary McDonald and Martyn Lawrence Bullard for an inside look at how they have built their wildly successful, yet wholly individual, brands. Mary and Martyn will offer insight on how to transition your interior design business into its own luxury brand, making yourself the star of your own show. The conversation will be moderated by Matthew Stewart, Editorial Relations Manager of Niche Media, publishing group of Boston Common Magazine.
After the talk, preview Martyn’s new wallcovering collection and Mary’s new fabric and rug collection in the Schumacher & Patterson, Flynn & Martin showroom | Suite 529.
- On Thursday, the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum announced the winners of its 11th annual National Design Awards.
- On a former brownfield site across the river from downtown Boston, a renovated turn-of-the-century lithography factory trades in carbon copies for a lighter carbon footprint.
- Boston's venerable Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum—founded in 1903 by a lady art patron and obsessive collector of antiquities—has been one of the city's crown cultural jewels for the…
- I happened past the San Francisco Kartell showroom getting an afternoon coffee today and saw a very serious sale in progress.