Into the Woods at Maison & Objet 2012
As a reaction to throw-away culture in the years following the recession, we have seen age-old woodworking techniques such as cabinetry and parquetry become the focus of high-profile design projects. At Maison & Objet we saw this long-term design movement continue to develop as designers find new ways of working with this durable, fundamental, and essential material to create contemporary design.
Showing image @current of @total
- This week, Dwell editors are onsite in Paris for the 2013 fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.
- Last week, Dwell visited this year’s fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.
- As we gear up for another year of trade shows, furniture fairs, and a slew of new talent, it's also fun to revisit some favorites from the past year.
- From snaking pendants to antique geometric wire frames, these five lighting pieces illuminate their spaces in modern style.
- Every fall the Maison et Objet Show in Paris sets and spots trends in lifestyle and home design.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- Danish Crafts, an organization dedicated to launching the careers of emerging designers and sharing Denmark's design with the world, showed its latest collection at Maison&Objet.
- Maison & Objet, the annual winter design show in Paris, ended last week, and it's taken seven whole days to catch our collective breath and clean off our camera's memory card.