A Visit to HAY Copenhagen
I just returned to the office from a trip to Copenhagen spent reporting a handful of stories for the magazine and scouting future projects. A highlight of the trip was my visit to HAY, a fantastic store dedicated to contemporary Danish design that's set in a historic building overlooking Strøget, the city's main pedestrian thoroughfare. I spent more than an hour in the store in a kind of happy design daze, gawping over the lovely sofas, chairs, rugs, tables, and miscellaneous gifts and gadgets. Here are some photos from my visit. I'll share some of my other favorite Copenhagen discoveries online over the next couple weeks.
@current / @total
- The Dutch design duo's newest creations, released during Salone del Mobile 2014.
- I'm just back from Paris, and still processing all the exciting new furnishings, accessories, and objets I spied at Maison & Objet over the weekend.
- On a drizzly afternoon in Holland's capital city, I took to the streets, armed with a map, a copy of a great little guide book, Amsterdam Made by Hand, and absolutely no problem getting lost along my…
The Colour Glass collection is a range of minimalist glassware by Scholten & Baijings. It includes high and low water glasses, a red wine glass, a white wine glass, a champagne glass and a carafe. The glasses and carafe come in in three different designs: with yellow or blue fading from the top, or a golden dot at the bottom of the vessels. The red wine glass comes with a pink square on one side, the white wine glass has black grid lines and the champagne glass features golden grid lines.
- As Thanksgiving approaches at the end of the month, we've got table settings on the brain.
- Following our guide to the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, here are our picks for what to see in town during Milan's Design Week.
Give the gift of protection and style. The company Portel is designing some intriguing iPad sleeves, bags, belts and wallets. We're obsessed with their iPad sleeves made from thick natural felt. These handmade sleeves are designed not only to dress up your iPad while not in use, but to protect it from those minor accidental bumps and bangs. These sleeves fit both the iPad and iPad2 and come in a range of thoughtful colors.
Cheery, textured textiles for the beach or poolside designed by the impresarios of pastel, Dutch design duo Stefan Scholten and Carole Baijings.