Ventura Lambrate Trumps in Milan
For the second year running, Milan’s Zona Tortona feels more like Zona Tortura, a nightclub dotted with big brand showrooms, than the former creative epicenter of the Salone furniture fair that it has been for years. Dance music pulses out of black-curtained buildings past the large men (bouncers?) dressed in black suits that guard them while costumed kids handed out free drink tickets. For those seeking a slower-tempo compliment to the commercial fair center at Tortona, the best relief is Ventura Lambrate, where the warehouses surrounding the polytechnic university—themselves beautiful objects of architectural design—are filled with student work, some fresh takes on old products and materials, and design that borders on art. Check out our slideshow of what to see at Ventura Lambrate.
@current / @total
- Our editors share snapshots of some of their best finds from their third day at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
- Our editors share their most exciting discoveries from their second day at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Following our guide to the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, here are our picks for what to see in town during Milan's Design Week.
- Our editors' picks from Milan's annual design week, including the Salone Internazionale del Mobile fairground and the design districts around town.
- The first day of Milan Design Week, as seen by our editors.
- Jason Bruges is showing in Milan for the first time with Established & Sons.
- Last week, Dwell visited this year’s fall edition of the design and interiors trade show Maison & Objet.