Touring Sydney, Part 2
We featured bridges, beautiful low-income housing experiments, and beachside pools in our Touring Sydney, Part 1, slideshow and it would be remiss of us not to include the Australian city's most famous icon: the Sydney Opera House. I recently traveled Down Under and continue this two-part series with glimpses inside the Opera House as well as in and around the Royal Botanic Gardens (and then a jaunt up the coast to sunny Cairns!).
@current / @total
- The Sydney Opera House is more amazing—and surprising—in person than any photo could convey.
- Sydney really is everything people build it up to be: the Opera House, the Botanic Gardens, the beaches! I recently traveled Down Under to take in its sights and sounds.
- We look at five fresh ways to enjoy the It plants of design aficionados: succulents.
- For a renovation located in Glebe—an inner-city suburb of Sydney, Australia—Carterwilliamson Architects took an environmentally friendly tack.
- In Sydney’s cramped beachside suburbia, architect Steve Kennedy defied a small footprint and a terrible drought with a generous double-height extension and a cutting-edge custom-made…
- Each January, the American Institute of Architects awards its annual Honor Awards to the top designs in architecture, interior architecture, and regional and urban design.
- We take a look at 10 of our favorite swimming pools and pool houses from over the years.
- Brick is most often associated with traditional building styles, from Gothic to Georgian.