Touring Sydney, Part 1
Sydney really is everything people build it up to be: the Opera House, the Botanic Gardens, the beaches! I recently traveled Down Under to take in its sights and sounds. This slideshow, the first of two about touring Sydney, hits just the tip of what's to be discovered in Australia's most populous city.
@current / @total
- The Sydney Opera House is more amazing—and surprising—in person than any photo could convey.
- We featured bridges, beautiful low-income housing experiments, and beachside pools in our Touring Sydney, Part 1, slideshow and it would be remiss of us not to include the Australian city's most…
- No opera house. No Bondi Beach. No sunning celebs. This is Melbourne, home of Australia’s most thriving design scene.
- I had two legs to my trip as I flew back to San Francisco from Melbourne, Australia. And much as a nice little layover in Hawaii would have been, I actually changed planes in Sydney.
- Plan your summer getaways with our picks for Airbnb rentals with great design. Warning: You may want to stay indoors during your vacation.
- Utterly dynamic, this house on an urban peninsula in Sydney is rich with inventive and thoughtfully considered spaces.
- Cables and abutments went fancy for a distinct purpose: to convey passersby—not folks whizzing past on vehicles—with personality.
- Portland has long been a cultural outpost in New England, a hotspot for artists and longshoreman alike who crave the sophistication of the big city (65,000 people) while still retaining a distinctly…