Tendence 2012 at Messe Frankfurt: Talents 10 + 1
Messe Frankfurt nurtures the young designers who come to its fairs—Tendence and Ambiente, namely—to exhibit their wares. From the prominent placement of the Talents exhibition (in the main hall for good visibility) to not charging booth fees for those who exhibit (unlike SaloneSatellite) to the assistance with exhibition design and booth set up, one can tell that the Messe Frankfurt team has much invested in the next generation of designers.
@current / @total
- German designer Sebastian Herkner has collaborated with many of the top international furniture brands including Moroso, Classicon, and Pulpo—a remarkable feat considering his small studio consists…
- Judging from economic news of late, the one word most associated with Germany is "austerity." However, at Tendence, the home trends show taking place August 24–28 in Frankfurt, the…
- Our editors share their most exciting discoveries from their second day at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
- One of the special exhibitions at Tendence was Africa Chic, a collection of objects designed and manufactured in Africa.
- An array of items fills up the halls at Tendence—experimental furniture, textiles, lighting, clothing, jewelry, and more—but housewares and accessories were most prevalent.
- Industrial designer Konstantin Grcic has done it all, from spoons to umbrellas to lights, but he’s best known for his data-driven chairs. We dropped in on his Munich studio to sit awhile…
- Dwell on Design 2013 will again host the A+R Pop-Up Shop, now in its fifth year.
- At this year's Dwell on Design, catch Laguna Beach-based Cerno, a young company that specializes in eco-friendly lighting.