Stockholm: New from Gärsnäs
Last year the venerable Swedish furniture makers Gärsnäs showed us they could bring fashion to furniture with Pierre Sindre’s collared Button chair, Anna von Schewen’s bunched Dress chair, and the prototype of Nina Jobs’ quilted Kvilt chair. This year at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, they proved they were committed.
@current / @total
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
The Dress, available as both an easy chair and a 2 seat sofa, can be upholstered in fabric or leather.
- While in Vegas for Surfaces and Las Vegas Market, I had the chance to not only take in the terrific 17 Swedish Designers exhibit but also chat with Anna von Schewen and hear her lecture.
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
Stackable armchair in natural beach or stain, with a frame of chromed metal steel tubing. Seat can be covered in fabric or leather.
- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.
- Though this is the time of year when many people spend the weekends bustling around finishing their Christmas shopping, it's a good time to take a break and warm up with a stroll inside a…
- When we last checked in with the young Swedish designer Fredrik Färg, as part of our New Guard roundup in 2012, he had recently launched Studio Färg & Blanche with the French-Swedish designer…