Stockholm: New from Gärsnäs
Last year the venerable Swedish furniture makers Gärsnäs showed us they could bring fashion to furniture with Pierre Sindre’s collared Button chair, Anna von Schewen’s bunched Dress chair, and the prototype of Nina Jobs’ quilted Kvilt chair. This year at the Stockholm Furniture Fair, they proved they were committed.
@current / @total
The Dress, available as both an easy chair and a 2 seat sofa, can be upholstered in fabric or leather.
- Since 1893, Gärsnäs has worked with furniture artisans to create wood works that are durable, pleasing to the eye, and functional.
- While in Vegas for Surfaces and Las Vegas Market, I had the chance to not only take in the terrific 17 Swedish Designers exhibit but also chat with Anna von Schewen and hear her lecture.
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
Stackable armchair in natural beach or stain, with a frame of chromed metal steel tubing. Seat can be covered in fabric or leather.
- Though this is the time of year when many people spend the weekends bustling around finishing their Christmas shopping, it's a good time to take a break and warm up with a stroll inside a…
- When decorating, black can take you anywhere from bold to sophisticated to edgy. Here, we take a look at eight great black furniture, lighting, and accessory pieces for the home.
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.