Stockholm Furniture Fair 2011: Part II
After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair. As is the case with any major design show, there were rows and rows of beautiful items, scores of exhibitors busily tending to last-minute booth preperations, and a constantly growing number of people shuffling around, mouths agape. Here we present a few images captured during eight straight hours on the floor—you'll see some just-released items, some old Scandinavian favorites, and lots and lots of this country's favorite color—yellow.
@current / @total
- This week marks the return of the Stockholm Furniture Fair, the largest annual design event in the Nordic part of the world.
- Each spring, Dwell hits the ground running to scout furniture, lighting, and accessories during the design industry's biggest fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
- Every February, the very best new Nordic furniture designs debut at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and the Northern Light Fair.
- With so much going on at ICFF, what with the rows and rows of booths set up with eye candy galore, it's hard not to walk around in a daze.
- Taking stock of the latest and greatest furniture and lighting seen at the 2014 Stockholm Furniture Fair, including the latest color- and material-driven interior trends.
- We continue our coverage of the 2012 Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair with a selection of especially haute seats.
Spanish-born designer Patricia Urquiola designed the Foliage sofa for Italian furniture brand Kartell.
- In the middle of the cold and dark winter, the Swedes hold their annual Stockholm Design Week, drawing exhibitors and visitors from Europe and other parts of the world.