Stockholm Furniture Fair 2010
Every February, the very best new Nordic furniture designs debut at the Stockholm Furniture Fair and the Northern Light Fair. The two events are held together in the 630,000-square-foot Stockholm International Fairs center, attracting more than 36,000 people to the outskirts of Stockholm, Sweden. In addition to being the world’s largest arena for Scandinavian design, its appearance early in the year makes it the ideal spot to preview trends that we can expect to see more of months down the road in Milan and New York. Contributing blogger Tiffany Orvet has pulled together what she considers to be the best of the best from this year.
Showing image @current of @total
- Massproductions is a Stockholm-based furniture company that launched last year based on the longstanding collaboration between designers Magnus Elebäck and Chris Martin.
- Furniture expo Stockholm Furniture Fair is the largest exhibition of Scandinavian design, with 80 percent of the 730 exhibitors being from the Nordic countries.
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.
- Monica Förster takes a hands-on approach to furniture design.
These lightweight stools stack up in a rainbow spiral for easy storage. Two newer iterations—an upholstered version and a barstool—were introduced at this year’s Stockholm Furniture Fair.
- We've been covering the 2011 Stockholm Furniture Fair for the past week, delving into everything from the heavy hitters on the main show floor to the promising young designers debuting prototypes in…
- We continue our coverage of the 2012 Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair with a selection of especially haute seats.
- I recently discovered the work of Chadhaus, a four-year-old Seattle-based company that builds beautiful modern furniture from hardwoods and recycled steel sourced mostly in the Pacific Northwest.