Seven from Stockholm Design Week
It's about mid-way through the 2012 Stockholm Design Week and I've been traveling to studios, showrooms, and the show floor of the Furniture and Light Fair to seek out what's new in Scandinavian Design. There were plenty of wonderful things out there—far too many to even begin to think about a comprehensive roundup—but in the following slideshow, I share seven of my favorites in lighting, furniture, textiles, and accessories.
Showing image @current of @total
- We continue our coverage of the 2012 Stockholm Furniture and Light Fair with a selection of especially haute seats.
- Furniture expo Stockholm Furniture Fair is the largest exhibition of Scandinavian design, with 80 percent of the 730 exhibitors being from the Nordic countries.
- After examining the wares of the younguns over at the Greenhouse, it was time to venture into the main portion of the Stockholm Furniture Fair.
- If there was one exhibition I longed to see last year, it was 17 Swedish Designers.
- In the middle of the cold and dark winter, the Swedes hold their annual Stockholm Design Week, drawing exhibitors and visitors from Europe and other parts of the world.
- We've been covering the 2011 Stockholm Furniture Fair for the past week, delving into everything from the heavy hitters on the main show floor to the promising young designers debuting prototypes in…
- One of our favorite finds from Stockholm Design Week was HAY's Kaleido tray.
- If Milan 2010 were introduced as a new Crayola color, some might argue that "Ash Cloud Grey" would be the most appropriate shade.