Seaside Art Hotel in Los Cabos: Hotel El Ganzo
+ Read Article
Besides white-sand beaches and warm weather, creative geeks have a new reason to head to Los Cabos. Hotel El Ganzo is a newly opened modern design escape set on a quiet marina in Puerto Los Cabos, the less-developed neighbor to party hardy Cabo San Lucas. Conceived by Pablo Sanchez-Navarro, this 72-room retreat mixes a mod 60s vibe; rustic elements like exposed stone, wood, and concrete; and an ultra white palette. The result is an inspired getaway for art and music lovers: edgy, open-walled suites, a chic rooftop infinity pool, rotating art exhibitions, live musical performances, and even a recording studio. And to get those creative juices flowing—stunning Sea of Cortez views from every room.
@current / @total
- April 15th marks the final day of the 2013 YIA Little Art Fair (for Young International Artists), hosted by Raffles Paris and featuring a selection of contemporary painters and sculptors from France,…
- Carlos Couturier and Moises Micha have ten hotels in Mexico under their brand Grupo Habita, but now they’ve stepped out of their comfort zone to build a hotel in New York City.
- Over 10,000 fans follow our Pinterest board devoted to modern hotels and travel (you should, too!). Enjoy a few of our favorites places from around the globe at a glance here.
- From the high-drama NoMad in New York City to a revived mid-century gem in Desert Hot Springs, California, we've pulled together a selection of our favorite American hotels featuring modern…
- When plans were introduced for the Mamilla Hotel Jerusalem, which opened in June of 2009 and is among the few selected five-star hotels in the city, it sparked a bit of controversy. This…
- One of my favorite wedding gifts I received was a set of Danish housewares firm Bodum’s glass-walled Canteen tumblers.
- Peek inside the Hotel Antumalal in Chile, a newly renovated modernist retreat designed by a protégé of Frank Lloyd Wright.
- In Ørestad—Copenhagen’s tiny but buzzing new hub of urban development—a mountain rises from the flatlands.