Salone Satellite 2011
One of the most exciting perks of being lucky enough to attend Italy's Salone Internazionale del Mobile, also known as the Milan Furniture Fair, is having the opportunity to get a glimpse of undiscovered talent at Salone Satellite. Located at nearly the end of the sprawing Feriamilano exhibition complex, Salone Satellite is an area devoted to students, independent designers, and enterprising producers of design-forward prototypes in need of a manufacturer and a distributor. All year long, a carefully selected jury of design cognoscenti reviews submissions from all over the world, and grants access to a final tally of young hopefuls looking to make their introduction into the realm of high design. Check out our slideshow to see a few items that caught our eye today.
Showing image @current of @total
- It's no secret that during the annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan, one of our favorite stops is SaloneSatellite, the portion of the fair devoted to young designers under the age of 35.
- This year marks the 15-year anniversary of SaloneSatellite, the portion of Salone Internazionale del Mobile dedicated to young designers under the age of 35.
- On our second day in Milan, we gathered our wits and plunged headfirst into Salone Internazionale del Mobile—the largest furniture fair in the world.
- Five American studios and one university exhibited their newest wares at Milan’s 2013 Salone Satellite.
- Every year, Cosmit, the Italian organization behind Milan's annual Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair, the ne plus ultra of all international design shows, holds a press conference for…
- In 2013, Salone Satellite—Salone Internazionale del Mobile’s younger companion, for which a jury led by Marva Griffin Wilshire selects exhibitors younger than 35—showcased six intrepid U.S.
- Moroso unveils one of their newest designs for Milan Salone: the Mafalda armchair.
- This week in Milan, designers from around the world are showcasing their latest work at the Salone Internazionale del Mobile, where buyers and designophiles flock each April to hold their place at…