Roche Bobois Celebrates 50 Years
French luxury furniture retailer Roche Bobois turned 50 this year, celebrating this milestone with a retrospective at their Madison Avenue showroom. Evident through the timeline of chairs, sofas, tables, and shelves is an enduring creative and playful spirit. Says CEO Gilles Bonan, “It was there since the beginning and it’s part of our DNA.” The company has partnered with many well-known designers including Eero Aarnio, Hans Hopfer, and Mario Bellini, and
@current / @total
- A Marmol Radziner–designed prefab house, trucked onto a remote Northern California site, takes the pain out of the construction process.
- Blazing a trail through the canon of design, these 25 artisans worked to make some of the modern era’s most recognizable furniture, lighting, and objects.
- Welcome to my third and final installment of highlights from Maison & Objet 2011. You can find the first two here and here.
- What does a $9.99 bottle of screw-top wine have to do with a prefab house? Vetter Denk made the connections in an innovative getaway for an enterprising vintner.
Ongoing winter sale through the end of January, at various Roche Bobois locations.
Floor samples, rugs and accessories will be on sale through to the end of January at three Roche Bobois locations:
200 Madison Avenue at 35th Street
1180 Northern Boulevard
313 Arch Street
- The fact that no other word in the English language rhymes with orange also extends to the color's unrivaled ability to up the ante of any home.
- It’s never too late to start collecting modern furniture. Take inspiration from these well-furnished interiors, which bring design classics out of the museum and into home.