Roaming through Renegade
This past Sunday, I hopped aboard the 43 to check out the Renegade Craft Fair at Fort Mason. I come from a familly that sews, builds, crochets, embroiders, prints, and throws (as in pottery), but I've never really had the knack for crafts aside from the mandatory paper mache projects of my youth. As such, I was completely in awe of all the well thought out wares on display. Most things were of the screenprinted and knitted persuasion, with a handful of knick knacks tossed into the mix. Accompanying me was our products editor Jordan, who'll be posting her picks soon (lovers of crafty jewlery, keep your eyes out!). But first off, here are 12 of my favorites from the show.
Showing image @current of @total
- The ever-awesome Renegade Craft Fair touched down at Fort Mason in San Francisco last weekend, and the place was predictably chock-full of handcrafted brilliance.
- Essentially the West Coast equivalent of ICFF in New York, but with less hype and austerity, Dwell On Design is an exciting time for Los Angeles.
- Temperatures were sweltering in L.A.
- Will Robison and Jacob Krupnick believe that transforming basic transactions into “retail experiments” will change the rapport we have with what we buy.
- While down in LA for Dwell on Design this year I had a chance to stop into the Heath Ceramics LA shop to look around, check out the Playmountain show which is up now, and have…
- This year's American Craft Council show at San Francisco's Fort Mason Center had a special component.
- If you liked what you saw in my previous report on Lost & Found in Los Angeles, then check out this slideshow: a roundup of owner Jamie Rosenthal's favorite items in the shop, along with her…
- Maison & Objet, the annual winter design show in Paris, ended last week, and it's taken seven whole days to catch our collective breath and clean off our camera's memory card.