Resnick Pavilion at LACMA
I was down in Los Angeles at the end of last week and between visiting clients, attending the Divine Design benefit, and generally sitting in traffic, it was a miracle I got a minute to myself. I did however manage a two-hour stop at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art to have a look at the newest museum by the fine Italian architect Renzo Piano. Piano's California Academy of Sciences here in San Francisco, Morgan Library addition in New York, and Pompidou Centre in Paris are all excellent buildings so I was excited to see what the man was up to at LACMA. The Lynda and Stewart Resnick Pavilion opened just this autumn and by my lights is a splendid addition to LACMA's ever-expanding arts campus. Check out the slideshow of images I took.
Showing image @current of @total
- A tiny bit like the Renzo Piano-designed Pompidou Centre that wears its insides on its outside (pipes, ducts, all the 'ugly' stuff), this office building wears a garden.
- It’s been the talk of L.A.
- Last year I had the chance to take a press preview of the Old Mint in San Francisco.
- Last weekend I was in Chicago and after hitting the show floor at the Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and visiting Mies van der Rohe's 880-860 Lake Shore Drive Apartments, I traveled along…
- One of the highlights of my trip to Seattle was taking an early morning photo jog from downtown over to—and through—the Seattle Art Museum's Olympic Sculpture Park.
- When the plane's wheels touched ground this morning at 7am, it was still dark in Barcelona.
- The 2012 Venice Biennale is currently taking place until September 25th. Earlier in the week, we shared a recap of the event and here we bring you more photos from the exhibition.
- Whilst in Edinburgh, I managed to slip outside of town for a bit to check out Zaha Hadid's first built project in the UK: her 2006 design for a Maggie's Center in Kirkcaldy in Fife, which also…