Photos of the Day: Isolated Building Studies
- Witold Rybczynski has been called “architecture’s voice in the world of letters” by The Weekly Standard.
In this series, artists, filmmakers, designers, architects, ecologists, anthropologists, and educators consider Buckminster Fuller's work and influence.
- After the Great Fire of 1871 leveled Chicago, the "Windy City" took the opportunity to reinvent itself, setting off a campaign of reconstruction that saw the city welcome some of the biggest names in…
- James Cahn is a 25-year-old Chicago-based emerging collector and financial consultant. He collects with his partner Jeremiah Collatz, art advisor at Dirk Denison Architects.
- With stops in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Cincinnati, Ohio; Buffalo, New York; Columbus, Indiana; and more, we take a closer look at gleaming modern homes in the country's rust belt.
- I was down in Los Angeles at the end of last week and between visiting clients, attending the Divine Design benefit, and generally sitting in traffic, it was a miracle I got a minute to…
- In a prolific 15-year period between 1880 and 1895, Dankmar Adler and Louis Sullivan teamed up to produce an architecture that was stridently American—one that drew from nature for its…
- Is biologically based architecture the next big thing? Architect Mitchell Joachim thinks so. He proffers radical ways to rethink the science of structures.