Nouvel Studio Factory Tour
If you've been following my tweets, you'll know that I've been in Mexico City for the last several days taking the lay of the design landscape. It's fertile down here, let me tell you. Though I'll offer a few more thorough posts later this week, I did want to get a slideshow up on the site showing what I saw at the Nouvel Studio glass factory. It's actually just outside of Mexico City, though considering how unrelentingly urban this sprawling 585 square mile city is, you'd never know you left town. Have a look at my Nouvel Studio factory tour to see how this glassmaker has a hand in everything from high-design one-offs to your favorite bottle of mass-market tequila.
Showing image @current of @total
- On Thursday I headed down to Mexico City for four days of sheer design tourism. Things got underway that night with a molecular gastronomy feast the Polanco restaurant Oca. Parsley foam, man.
- Space, light, and twists on color use define this collection of some of our favorite modern living rooms from issues past.
- Is Belgium the new Netherlands?
- Architect J.C. Schmeil of Merzbau Design Collective recently completed this 4-bedroom, 4-bath house on Lake Austin in Texas, designed for a couple with three young children.
- “How do you make a piece of architecture about architecture?” Mack Scogin asks.
- A rainy start to the Brooklyn Home Tour—the closing event of City Modern—didn't deter those who turned out for a peek into five unique homes in Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, and Boerum…
- In a former fishermen’s cottage outside Copenhagen, a young family has carved out a cozy, light-filled home.
- Last month architect Jenda Michl of Vertu Studio in Los Angeles completed a lovely bit of work on his parents' house in Boulder, Colorado.