Milan Furniture Fair 2009 Day 2
- From Marble to mobili, Italy has been a, if not the, design mecca for the last century. Here's why.
A metal lampshade riddled with tiny punctures might seem couterintuitive, but the dreamy diffusion of light emitted doesn't take away from Perf's ability to cast a directed beam on your nighttime reading. Designed by the Diesel Creative Team for Diesel/Foscarini.
Join us for Meet the Architects Night, an evening of presentations from the architects of the homes featured at the 2011 Dwell Home Tours.
Enjoy the evening at the new Gandia Blasco Los Angeles showroom and preview new products that were presented at the Salone del Mobile Milan 2011.
Gandia Blasco outdoor furniture collections are inspired in the philosophy of modern and Mediterranean-inspired designs. The company has collaborated with international prestigious designers such as Patricia Urquiola, Palomba & Ludovica and Jean-Marie Massaud, becoming a regerence in contemporary design. Gandia Blasco has 20 exclusive showrooms worldwide, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami and Milan.
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- Hello, sports fans! That's right: Milan's annual design fair happens next week, and it's big, bad, and enough of an endurance test to qualify as spring training.
- Moroso unveils one of their newest designs for Milan Salone: the Mafalda armchair.
- Each spring, Dwell hits the ground running to scout furniture, lighting, and accessories during the design industry's biggest fair, Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
Introduced in Milan last year but now available for purchase in the US, Vicente Garcia Jimenez's Le Soliel is a pendant that lights below from above and above from below. The polycarbonate tiers shine directly down, but also ambient illumination towards the ceiling.