Milan 2011: Day One
Dwell has traveled to Milan, Italy, for the 2011 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, the largest furniture fair in the world, to see firsthand the latest novelties from renowned designers and to discover the new creations from yet-to-be-discovered talent. Before we even set foot on the FeriaMilano grounds, we first head to the satellite events around the city to get a taste of what's to come this week. Here we share some images from our first day, and if this slideshow piques your interest, be sure to follow us on Twitter to get up-to-the-minute updates all week, straight from the show floor of Salone.
@current / @total
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- We three weary travelers (Dwell's editor-in-chief, Sam Grawe, assistant editor Jordan Kushins, and I) have landed in Milan and are ready to begin reporting on the sights and scene at the 2010 Salone…
- Day three of non-stop design action at the Milan Furniture Fair delivered another great slideshow of new furniture and lighting.
Earlier this year, Dwell editors traveled to the Salone Internazionale del Mobile in Milan and came back with their lists and pics of the best new designs from around the world. Here are their picks for sofas. You can also see these and more in the In the Modern World section of Dwell's September 2009 issue.
- Two B&B Italia sofa designs crop up frequently in the Dwell archives: the Charles by Antonio Citterio and the Tufty-Time by Patricia Urquiola.
- Part one of our guide to what to see in Milan at the 2014 Salone Internazionale del Mobile fair—first up, onsite at the Rho fairground.
- In honor of Piero Ambrogio Busnelli, the B&B Italia founder who died on January 25, 2014, at age 87, here are eight homes from Dwell's archives where the influential Italian furniture company's…
- B&B Italia, which was founded in the mid-’60s, developed the first injection-molded polyurethane-foam seating, which today is still the basis of its upholstered seating.