Milan, 2010: Day One
We three weary travelers (Dwell's editor-in-chief, Sam Grawe, assistant editor Jordan Kushins, and I) have landed in Milan and are ready to begin reporting on the sights and scene at the 2010 Salone Internazionale del Mobile furniture fair. We're going to be filing lots of slideshows, videos, and interviews all this week, so make sure to check back often! We'll also be posting a steady stream of Tweets from the showroom floor and beyond...follow us at twitter.com/dwell—we're using the hashtag #milan10.
@current / @total
- Dwell has traveled to Milan, Italy, for the 2011 Salone Internazionale del Mobile, the largest furniture fair in the world, to see firsthand the latest novelties from renowned designers and to…
- Dwell editors Sam Grawe and Jordan Kushins are on the ground in Milan reporting on the 2009 Salone del Mobile. They'll be sharing highlights as they go.
- Day three of non-stop design action at the Milan Furniture Fair delivered another great slideshow of new furniture and lighting.
- If Milan 2010 were introduced as a new Crayola color, some might argue that "Ash Cloud Grey" would be the most appropriate shade.
- When we last checked in with the young Swedish designer Fredrik Färg, as part of our New Guard roundup in 2012, he had recently launched Studio Färg & Blanche with the French-Swedish designer…
- I happened to catch up with British furniture designer Tom Dixon yesterday on his way over to the Audi Pavilion here on Miami Beach.
Though it looks like Flouro's polycarbonate shade could illuminate a room on it's own, it is, indeed, fitted for a bulb. Tom Dixon is quite fond of the eye-catching color, and it can be found on handful of other items in his collection.
- As with most trade fairs, it was difficult to find dense clumps of strong design at the London Design Festival; instead gems were dispersed throughout.